Welcome to Dash da Dog Websites
The first question everyone asks. Who is Dash? Dash is a cute little dog belonging to my wife's cousin.
Dash is getting a bit long in the tooth now, but she used to come and visit and, as the name suggests, dash about... So we named the business after her, just because we liked Dash.
Dash da Dog can help you create a cute little website for your business.
Here is what we can do:
- Design the "look and feel" site template, including new logo/artwork if required or follow your existing style.
- Write good quality content, based on notes you provide. This is a key step, so many "good" sites are ruined by poor writing. In fact, Google says "substantial, well written, content is one of the most important ranking factors for search results".
- Set up the website hosting, register your domain name (or transfer existing ones) and create email accounts so you have an online presence.
- Create "responsive" content pages that work on desktop, tablet, phone, etc. This is very important. Take a look at this site on your desktop computer and on your smartphone. See how the design changes depending on the device? This is because it "responds" to the device. Google now lowers the ranking of sites that don't have this feature. You can type a website name into the Google test site to see if it is considered smartphone friendly by Google.
- Set up the Search Engine Optimization (site map, directory listing, reverse links, etc.) so that you are in the first few pages of Google (Everyone wants to be on the first page, but its almost impossible these days unless you are a unique business in a niche industry with very few competitors).
- Maintain the site with ongoing edits and revisions throughout the year so the website stays fresh and up to date. This is critical, a lot of developers finish the site and then forget about it.
There are lots of features we can include in your site:
- Obviously lots and lots of information about your business, presented in an attractive way, with good use of graphics and colours to create an informative and easy to use website.
- All manner of forms; for bookings, enquiries, orders, etc.
- Online payment; we can set you up with a paypal payment tool, which allows payment via credit cards or through paypal itself. It's easy and secure.
- Booking calendars; this means you can allow customers to see what is available and then make a booking or place an order (and pay too).
- News ticker; a revolving ticker that allows you to highlight special offers and other "breaking news".
- Analysis of who visits your site; we can provide you with regular reports on who visits your site. This means you can target your business (and offers) to the people who are actually visiting your site.
- Online marketing; we can help you set up online marketing campaigns through google Adwords and similar marketing tools.
Here is what we charge:
- A Site Development Fee. This will include all the costs that you will pay for the first year. That means; it includes the creation of the site, the hosting fees, revisions and updates for 12 months. Everything.
- After the first 12 months you will need to pay an Annual Maintenance Fee to cover content revisions and updates, hosting fees and domain registration. That means; it covers all the costs of keeping your site up and running and looking good. Everything.
Here is what you will need to do:
- Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide your ideas on the look and feel and what you need the site to do, so we can design a site that works for you.
- Based on this, We will give you a fixed price Site Development Fee and Annual Maintenance Fee quote based on your requirements.
- Once you have accepted the quote, you need to provide some notes on your business, so we can create the content.
- You'll also need to provide good photos and images. We can take a few new photos, but on a non-professional basis.
- Once we are underway we will need your feedback as we develop the site so you get what you want.
- That's it.